FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
– The festival gates open at 7p.mon Thursday at 5p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 6p.m. on Sunday (in Masia d’en Cabanyes). On Saturday morning, La Daurada opens at 11a.m.
– The Camping Area open on Thursday at 12h.
– Festival pass must be worn at all times.
– Wristbands won't be valid if tampered with or removed.
– Line up/ Set times are subject to change.
– Everyone is subject to search upon entry.
– The festival is for all ages. Age 2 and under are free.
– Shows at La Daurada Beach Club are free and open to everybody.
– There won’t be tobacco for sell.
– You are not allowed to get in any food either drinks (just bottles of water without cap).
– Bar tickets won't be valid the next day but you can change them before 7.00p.m
– How do I become a Market vendor?
Vida Market is the space where we want to give Voice to artists and creators who want to show their products related to the world of design, handmade and handcraft. Those ones who are interested to set up a stand can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of what you do and what do you want to sell, accompained by one or more photographs. Due to the limited space we have, the festival organizers will select those stands that fit to the type of market we want to offer. The deadline for submitting the application is May 1st.
– How do I become food vendor?
You can send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will let you know how to do it.
It is not allowed to bring food with you during the festival.
– Are you hiring volunteers at the event?
Yes. You can find all the info here.
– How hot will it get in the day and how cold will it get at night?
In summer time in Vilanova, during the day is hot, between 25 and 30 ºC with a high percentage of humidity. But on the shade spaces at La Masia, there are exceptional heat sheltered areas. You will enjoy sun and shade in the same proportions. At night, you can be outdoors without any problem, but you better bring a sweater just in case, sometimes it gets cold.
– Will you be posting set times in advance?
In the program of the festival there will be the schedule of all Vida’s activities. Anyway, there will be an updated schedule of all performances at the entrance of Masia d’en Cabanyes and the volunteers will be able to report any concerns.
– Can I walk to the festival?
Yes. Masia d’en Cabanyes is on the outskirts of the city, about 20 minutes from the city centre; but the best way to get through all the festival venues is by bike. There will be a route throughout the city that will go from the Daurada Beach Club (morning concerts on Saturday and Sunday) to Masia d’en Cabanyes. There will be activities in the middle of the city, with a lunch stop at Railway Station that you can join if you come by public transport. Bicycle and car parking will be enabled in all venues of the festival and there will be shuttle buses from different points of Vilanova to all the festival venues.
– What’s the best time to arrive at the festival?
On Friday and Saturday we recommend arriving early, where in the shadows of the pines of the Enchanted Forest, you will enjoy the firsts concerts of the festival. On Saturday and Sunday, concerts start early in the morning at La Daurada Beach Club, in an exceptional setting on the balcony of the Mediterranean.
– Where is the nearest bus stop?
Bus station is in the same place as the train station of the city. About 20 minutes walk from the festival. There will be shuttle buses from all venues of the festival that will pass through key points in the city, such as the station (train and bus). Those shuttles will connect all festival venues between them, during all festival days and all hours during the event.
– Can I ride my bike to the Festival? Where do I park my bicycle?
Yes. We are creating activities and networks among all areas of the festival where the bike can be the primary transport. Therefore, all venues will be enabled with bike parking and it is the best way to park as close to the festival site. It is ideal to enjoy the summer weather and the city by bike! More information here.
– Can I rent a bike?
Keeping in mind that the bike will be very important to move within all venues of the festival, and there will be concretes activities for those who choose to use it as a primary transport. We are trying to have bikes to rent. We will inform you here and on social networks of Vida.
– Will there be motorcycle parking?
Yes. Inside the parking there will be a place where motorcycles could park.
– Where is the Taxi and/or parent drop off/pick up point?
At bus and train stations there is a taxi stop too. About 20 minutes walk from the festival. In case you want the taxi to come to the festival to pick you up, you can order one from the information point.
- Where is the nearest gas station?
Five minutes from the festival, just next to the parking.
– Where is the nearest train station?
The train station is in the city centre. About 20 minutes walk from the festival.
TICKETS AND PASSES
-Can I pass out flyers inside? Outside?
No. Neither inside nor outside. The Vida festival already has sponsors and official partners to help us throw the festival below.
– Can I use tickets/wristbands the Vida name to promote my website/product/event?
No. The possession of a ticket does not entitle the owner thereof to third parties or to use the same content for advertising, marketing or promotion (including contests, giveaways or sweepstakes). Not to accomplish this point will oblige the owner or authorized user to pay a penalty equivalent to one thousand times the price of the most expensive ticket to the event. If some advertiser would be interested to do so authoritatively, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
– Is getting my pass by internet the only option or can I pick it up somewhere?
No, there are different choices: through internet you can buy them on our web page, Atrapalo platform or Festicket. As a physical point of sale, you can buy them on the box office during the festival.
– I had a problem buying my pass. How do I contact the ticketing company?
For incidents or inquiries, contact email@example.com or call +34 620 729 736
– Will there be tickets for a single day or for different events?
Yes. There will be daily tickets on sale.
The daily tickets allow you to enter to the events that will take place in La Masia d’en Cabanyes and the daytime venue shows.
– I accidentally damaged my wristband, what do I do?
You should go to the entry point and comment the issue with the staff of the festival. With your ID card they will verify that this person had bought the ticket. If everything is correct, the wristband will be replaced by another. It is essential to bring the old broken wristband with you.
– I just can come one day, can I slide off my wristband and give it to a friend?
No. The pass is not transferable. The ticket or invitation constituted the licenses to attend the show reviewed by once. Resale the ticket is not allowed. Any broken, amended or proof of falsification ticket authorize the organizer to deprive the owner to access the venue.
– Will there be passes sold at the same day of the event?
Yes. In case there are still tickets.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
– Can I bring e-cigs?
– What are considered professional cameras and professional digital cameras?
Professional cameras are those that have removable lens. These will not be allowed, tablets, ipods and phones will be allowed, but NO professional cameras.
– Can I bring backpacks into the festival? What can it be measured?
Yes, you can get in backpacks, but their owners should know that may be subject to show it at the entry to search food, drink or dangerous items which are forbidden. The measure must be mèdium or small, in any case a big one (màximum 30l).
– Are strollers allowed into the venue?
Yes. But their parents should take responsibility for their strollers.
El Niu is the kids' space located within the grounds of La Masia d'en Cabanyes. There will be activities there on Friday and Saturday from 17.30 to 21 h. Conceived with a programme of activities covering all age ranges (from 0-12 years), consists of three distinct spaces: the stage (with concerts and storytelling), the road (with a show of fantasy and magic and make-up) and the workshop's area (5 simultaneous activities, an area for children from 0 to 3 years and a mobilelibrary). There will have available anti-noise headphones for children but we don't have pushchairs parking or changing units.
WILL THERE BE…
– Will there be a festival map available ahead of time so we can see which bands will be at which stages? And see locations of food courts, bathroom areas?
Yes. You can find it at the entrance of the festival and will also be available on the website www.vidafestival.com
– Are sunglasses, hats or sunscreen going to be sold?
No. Except those that are part of the merchandising of the festival. We understand that attendees would bring whatever they deem necessary to enjoy the festival, and in any case, they can buy it in the shops of the city centre.
– Will there be First Aid on site?
– Will there be a Lost & Found point?
Yes. At the entrance of the festival where the information point will be.
– Could I buy cigarettes within the festival?
– Will there be payphones inside the venue?
No. We understand that nowadays everybody has a mobile phone to be used in these cases.
– Will I be able to find security if needed?
Yes. There will be festival Security agents conserving the welfare of the public.
– Will there be vegetarian food offered? Gluten-free?
Yes. There will be meat-free food inside the festival site, though no specific stands. The same would happen to the gluten-free food. There will be also gluten-free beer.