FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
– The festival gates open at 6:30pm on Thursday, and at 5pm on Friday and Saturday, at Masia d’en Cabanyes. On Saturday morning, La Daurada Beach Club opens at 11am, and on Sunday afternoon at 5:30pm.
– The Camping Area opens on Thursday at 12am..
– Festival pass must be worn at all times.
– Wristbands won't be valid if defective or broken.
– Line up/ Set times are subject to change.
– Everyone is subject to search upon entry.
– The festival is for all ages. Age 2 and under are free.
– Shows at La Daurada Beach Club are free and open to everybody.
– There won’t be tobacco for sell.
– You are not allowed to get in any drinks (just bottles of water without cap).
– Drink tickets are valid only the day on which they are purchased. Surplus tickets can be exchanged on the day after purchase at ticket sales booths.
– How do I become a Market vendor?
Vida Market is the space where we want to give Voice to artists and creators who want to show their products related to the world of design, handmade and handcraft. Those ones who are interested to set up a stand can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of what you do and what you want to sell, accompanied by one or more photographs. Due to the limited space we have, the festival organizers will select those stands that fit to the type of market we want to offer. The deadline for submitting the application is May the 1st.
– How do I become a food vendor?
You can send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will let you know how to do it.
– Are you hiring volunteers at the event?
Yes. You can find all the info here.
– How hot will it get in the day and how cold at night?
In summer time in Vilanova, during the day is hot, between 25 and 30 ºC with a high percentage of humidity. But on the shade spaces at La Masia, there are exceptional heat sheltered areas. You will enjoy sun and shade in the same proportions. At night, you can be outdoors without any problem, but you better bring a sweater just in case, sometimes it gets cold.
– Will you be posting set times in advance?
In the program of the festival there will be the schedule of all Vida’s activities. Anyway, there will be an updated schedule of all performances at the entrance of Masia d’en Cabanyes and the volunteers will be able to report any concerns.
– Can I walk to the festival?
Yes. Masia d’en Cabanyes is on the outskirts of the city, about 20 minutes from the city center; but the best way to get through all the festival venues is by bike. Bicycle and car parking will be enabled in all venues of the festival and there will be shuttle buses from different points of Vilanova to all the festival venues.
– What’s the best time to arrive at the festival?
On Friday and Saturday we recommend arriving early, where in the shadows of the pines of the Enchanted Forest, you will enjoy the first concerts of the festival. On Saturday, concerts start early in the morning at La Daurada Beach Club, in an exceptional setting on the balcony of the Mediterranean.
– Where is the nearest bus stop?
Bus station is in the same place as the city train station, about 20 minutes’ walk from the festival. There will be shuttle buses from all venues of the festival that will pass through key points in the city, such as the station (train and bus). Those shuttles will connect all festival venues between them, during all festival days and all hours during the event.
– Can I ride my bike to the Festival? Where do I park my bicycle?
Yes. All venues will be enabled with bike parking and it is the best way to park as close as possible to the festival site. It is ideal to enjoy the summer weather and the city by bike!
– Can I rent a bike?
No, there won't be renting service.
– Will there be motorcycle parking?
Yes. Inside the parking there will be a place where motorcycles could park.
– Where is the Taxi and/or parent drop off/pick up point?
At bus and train stations there is a taxi stop too, about 20 minutes’ walk from the festival. There will be taxies also at the round-about near the festival main venue, at about 100 meters walk.
- Where is the nearest gas station?
Five minutes from the festival, just next to the parking.
– Where is the nearest train station?
The train station is in the city center, about 20 minutes’ walk from the festival.
TICKETS AND PASSES
-Can I pass out flyers inside? And outside?
No. Neither inside nor outside. Vida already has sponsors and official partners to help the festival go ahead.
– Can I use tickets/wristbands with the Vida brand to promote my website/product/event?
No. The possession of a ticket does not entitle the owner thereof to third parties or to use the same content for advertising, marketing or promotion (including contests, giveaways or sweepstakes). Not to accomplish this point will oblige the owner or authorized user to pay a penalty equivalent to one thousand times the price of the most expensive ticket to the event. If some advertiser would be interested to do so authoritatively, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
– Is getting my pass by internet the only option or can I pick it up somewhere?
No, there are different choices: through internet you can buy them on our web page and at Ticketmaster. As a physical point of sale, you can buy them on the box office during the festival.
– I had a problem buying my pass. How do I contact the ticketing company?
For incidents or inquiries, contact email@example.com
– Will there be tickets for a single day or for different events?
Yes. There will be daily tickets on sale.
The daily tickets allow you to enter to the events that will take place in La Masia d’en Cabanyes and the daytime venue shows.
– I accidentally damaged my wristband, what do I do?
You should go to the entry point and comment the issue with the staff of the festival. With your ID card they will verify that this person had bought the ticket. If everything is correct, the wristband will be replaced by another. It is essential to bring the old broken wristband with you.
– I just can come one day, can I slide off my wristband and give it to a friend?
No. The pass is not transferable. The ticket or invitation constituted the licenses to attend the show reviewed by once. Resale the ticket is not allowed. Any broken, amended or proof of falsification ticket authorize the organizer to deprive the owner to access the venue.
– Will there be passes sold at the same day of the event?
Yes. In case there are still tickets.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
– Can I bring e-cigs?
– What are considered professional cameras and professional digital cameras?
Professional cameras are those that have removable lens. These will not be allowed. Tablets, ipods and phones will be allowed, but NO professional cameras.
– CAN I BRING BACKPACKS INTO THE FESTIVAL? HOW MUCH CAN IT MEASURE?
Yes, you can get in backpacks, but their owners should know that may be subject to show it at the entry to search drink or dangerous items which are forbidden. The measure must be medium or small, in any case a big one (maximum 30l).
– Are strollers allowed into the venue?
Yes. But their parents should take responsibility for their strollers.
El Niu is the kids' space located within the grounds of La Masia d'en Cabanyes. There will be activities there on Thursday from 6:30pm to 9pm, Friday and Saturday from 5:30pm to 9pm. Conceived with a programme of activities covering all age ranges (from 0-12 years), consists of three distinct spaces: the stage (with concerts and storytelling), the road (with a show of fantasy and magic and make-up) and the forest (simultaneous activities, an area for children from 0 to 3 years and a mobile library). There will be available anti-noise headphones for children but we don't have strollers parking or changing units.
WILL THERE BE…
– Will there be a festival map available ahead of time so we can see which bands will be at which stages? And see locations of food courts, bathroom areas?
Yes. You can find it at the entrance of the festival and will also be available on the website www.vidafestival.com and at the Vida app.
– Are sunglasses, hats or sunscreen going to be sold?
No. Except those that are part of the merchandising of the festival. We understand that attendees would bring whatever they deem necessary to enjoy the festival, and in any case, they can buy it in the shops of the city center.
– Will there be First Aid on site?
– Will there be a Lost & Found point?
Yes. At the entrance of the festival where the information point will be.
– Could I buy cigarettes within the festival?
– Will there be payphones inside the venue?
No. We understand that nowadays everybody has a mobile phone to be used in those cases.
– Will I be able to find security if needed?
Yes. There will be festival Security agents conserving the welfare of the public.
– Will there be vegetarian food offered? Gluten-free?
Yes. There will be meat-free food inside the festival site. The same will happen to the gluten-free food. There will be also gluten-free beer. You also will be able to find this information in the Vida festival app.